To be eligible for the SPS Summer Academy, all candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in or have obtained an MA or equivalent; *
- Must be Proficient in English;
- Must have a background in line with this year’s topic
We especially encourage students from Eastern Europe and students from disadvantaged backgrounds to apply.
Kindly note, that only complete applications will be taken into consideration, no exception will be made. In order to submit a complete application, all candidates will have to provide the following documents:
- Updated CV and transcript of grades
- One letter of recommendation by a faculty
- One passport photo
- A signed Photo consent form (EUI photo video consent form)
- A motivation letter (2 pages) for why you should be admitted to the Summer Academy, which also includes a discussion of a question related to this year’s topics (1 – Democracy in the 21st Century, 2 – (In)equalities: gender, class and ethnicity, 3 – Solidarity in the EU) that you are interested in. The document should include references to the relevant academic literature and can be an outline of the research you (want to) pursue in your MA thesis or other work.
* Doctoral students are not eligible
* We do not apply any restrictions in terms of nationality.